UK Sport provides strategic investment to enable Great Britain’s Olympic and Paralympic sports and athletes to achieve their full medal winning potential.
Since UK Sport was founded by Royal Charter in 1997 we have taken GB from 36th in the Olympic medal table at Atlanta to second in the Olympic and Paralympic medal table at Rio 2016.
We have a very clear remit at the ‘top end’ of Britain’s sporting pathway supporting athletes and sports to compete and win medals at the Olympic and Paralympic Games. UK Sport has no direct involvement in community or school sport.
Our investment and support services cover:
- Performance (Investment, Evaluation, Solutions)
- Events (Investment, Bidding, Support)
- International (Influence, Development)
- Governance, Leadership, Financial Accounting
- Science, Medicine and Technology (via the Home Nation Institutes)