One of our strategic objectives is to advocate and influence for the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct in international sporting organisations.
We do this in a number of ways, including:
- Through our participation in the International Partnership against Corruption in Sport (IPACS), a multi-stakeholder initiative established in 2017 between international sports organisations, governments and inter-governmental organisations, with the aim to strengthen and support efforts to eliminate the risks of corruption and promote a culture of good governance in sport. Practical tools have been developed in the areas of:
- Integrity in major events
- Sport Governance, with the development of a comprehensive global benchmark for sport
- Cooperation between law enforcement agencies, criminal justice authorities and sports organisations
- Sharing the UK’s experience with and learning from international sporting partners in order to drive reform in international sport policy and governance, including in areas such as athlete voice, safeguarding and gender equality.
- Working with and supporting International Federations postholders from the UK to help bring reform in their sport.
- Promoting environmental sustainability in sport, including via our Environmental Sustainability Strategy.