Before engaging a recruitment / search firm from the framework you should consider internally what your requirements might be of the firms. All will offer flexibility in the service that they can provide.
In broad outline, the search firms can provide a complete end to end service to you which could include;
- End to end candidate management
- Executive searches both nationally and internationally (where appropriate)
- The delivery of a diverse pool of candidates from a range of backgrounds and environments
- Provision of diverse shortlists across executive job roles in high performance
- Provision of high quality, branded vacancy information packs
- Pre-sifting of applications, including scoring and high-quality comments
- Provision of interview packs for panellists, including candidate CV and statement and suggested interview questions
- Coordination of all interviews and assessments, working closely with the NGB recruitment lead
- Expert advice throughout as required
They can also provide individual elements of these services. This may depend on a number of factors, for example, what internal HR services you have, your experience in running recruitment and selection events, the scarcity of the skills and experience you are looking for. Running recruitment and selection exercises takes time and resources whether these are your internal resources or procured externally. Using an external provider may ultimately be a cost saving over all for you if it saves you time and brings you a better outcome because you feel the provider can, for example, reach a better field of candidates than you might otherwise reach, or may have administrative resources that you do not have.
Therefore, it might be obvious, but these services do not come for free. All the providers on the framework have committed to some level of preferential rates for our high-performance sport system from which you will benefit. They will all also be prepared to negotiate within those fees to account for whether you want only part of the service or for example if you have more than one role to fill. Providers will quote you either:
- A fixed fee up front
- A fee calculated as a percentage of the salary of the person appointed ( usually between 20 – 30 % )
- A daily rate together with an estimate of the number of days
On the recruitment framework you will see that there is a range of providers who have different experiences over the different types of roles we have at leadership level in the system. We suggest that you identify from their biographies those that you think most closely match what you might be looking for and talk to 2 or 3 of them so you can be confident that the one you select will most closely meet your needs and be within the price range that you feel is acceptable. The clearer you can be on what you think you can do yourself and what you need from the provider and your budget available, the more likely you are to get a really good match!