Inclusive, trusted, high performing culture and leadership, fully aligned with organisational purpose and values - with positive tone set from the top.
Strong, skilled, and diverse leadership is an essential element of a high performing sporting system. However, leadership is not confined to hierarchies. Inclusive, values-driven leadership behaviours should be seen across all levels. Leaders in our sporting community should feel supported, able to develop and in turn able to lead in a strategic, impactful and inclusive manner. As leadership organisations, we are responsible for leading in the right way by influencing and shaping cultures that develop positive and welcoming environments, where people and sport thrive.
- The strength of the leadership spine.
- The expertise, diversity, skills, personal attributes and cohesion of the Board and Senior Leadership Team to lead the organisation on behalf of the workforce, sport and communities they represent.
- The quality of communication from the top and how staff and volunteers feel connected to the leadership.
- Staff surveys and relevant member/athlete engagement/culture health check findings and how they are used to inform change and future delivery.
- The extent to which leaders 'live' and promote the organisation's values and culture, and how this is reflected in recruitment practices and performance reviews; how empowered and supported staff are by senior leaders.
- Quality of decision-making with appropriate processes and behaviours, including the ability to take bold decisions for the long-term benefit of the organisation and wider sport.