The biggest multi-sport talent identification campaign in British history, #DiscoverYour Gold, aims to identify talented young athletes who have the potential to become future champions > APPLY HERE
Over 20 sports are involved in #DiscoverYour Gold, a partnership between UK Sport, the English Institute of Sport (EIS), and a range of National Governing Bodies, targeting 15-24 year olds* to be fast-tracked into the exciting world of high performance sport.
#DiscoverYour Gold has five strands, each of which will identify athletes with some specific requirements. Find out more about the strands in the frequently asked questions (FAQ) documents linked below:
• #DiscoverYour ParaPotential - athletes over 15 years old (*no upper age limit), with an eligible impairment suitable for para sports. For a full list of sports please refer to FAQs. Read FAQs
• #DiscoverYour Freestyle - athletes who have a background in creative and artistic sports such as gymnastics or acrobatics, along with other performance and extreme activities, for sports including Freestyle Ski and Snowboard (Park and Pipe). Read FAQs
• #DiscoverYour Giant - tall strong male athletes (over 188cm tall) and female athletes (over 178cm tall) for sports including Rowing and Netball. Read FAQs
• #DiscoverYour Power - athletes with a speed or power background for sports including Track Cycling, Skeleton and Canoe Sprint. Read FAQs
• #DiscoverYour Fight - athletes with or without a combat sport background who are interested in sports including Taekwondo, Judo and Women’s Boxing. Read FAQs
If you have not heard from us yet, please bear with us as we process the large number of applications we have received. If you have any queries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with #DiscoverYour Gold in the subject field (or if it's about a particular campaign, please indicate which one)
Applications to #DiscoverYour ParaPotential are still open. If you believe that you have what it takes to become a future champion then don’t hesitate and sign-up today! Please note that sign-ups completed by 1700 on 25th September 2016 are currently being reviewed. Any sign-ups completed after this date will be monitored and individuals made aware of appropriate opportunities as they become available.
As of 30th August, all applications to #DiscoverYour Power, #DiscoverYour Giant, #DiscoverYour Freestyle and #DiscoverYour Fight will be placed on a waiting list as we plan our Autumn series of Talent Assessment Events. We encourage you to continue with your application but please bear with us as we work through the first stage of reviewing applicants for our Autumn assessment days. We will respond to you as soon as possible.
We are still accepting applications for #DiscoverYour ParaPotential and #DiscoverYour Freestyle.
However, due to the fantastic response to #DiscoverYour Power, #DiscoverYour Giant and #DiscoverYour Fight, any applicants for these campaigns will be placed on a waiting list. Feel free to continue with your application but please bear with us as we work through the first stage of reviewing applicants for our Autumn assessment days. We will respond to you as soon as possible.