The UK’s Sports Councils have published new guidance for transgender inclusion in domestic sport.
The Sports Councils’ Equality Group (SCEG) commissioned a review of its existing Guidance (2013/15) for the inclusion of transgender people in sport last year, recognising that sport at every level required more practical advice and support.
This review investigated the views, knowledge, and experience of hundreds of people with a lived experience in sport, including transgender people, and also explored the background to current policies domestically and internationally and considered the latest scientific findings affecting the inclusion of transgender people in domestic sport.
You can access the guidance alongside a number of other supporting documents on the resources page here.
The nine documents being published are:
- Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021 – Summary of Background Documents
- Transgender International Research Literature Review 2021
- Transgender International Policy Review 2021
- Summary of the Gender Recognition Act 2004
- Summary of the Equality Act 2010
- Equality Impact Assessment on the Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021
- Project Report on the Review of the Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021
Should you wish to contact UK Sport regarding the publication of this new Guidance, please email email@example.com