Listen to our six episodes below or download here.
Welcome to the sixth episode of Medals & More, the podcast taking you behind the scenes of British Olympic and Paralympic sport.
In a special episode recorded during Mental Health Awareness Week, Katherine is joined by former Winter Olympian Lizzy Yarnold, British race walker Tom Bosworth and English Institute of Sport Head of Performance Lifestyle, Jo Harrison to discuss the emotional challenges athletes face throughout their careers.
This fascinating and insightful episode includes:
- An honest reflection from Tom on the effects the postponement of Tokyo 2020 has had on him
- The 30 year-old also openly discusses the massive impact sporting set-backs have had on him away from the field of play, culminating in him attempting to take his own life in 2017
- Lizzy Yarnold, Britain's most successful Winter Olympian of all time, talks about the methods she used throughout her career to ensure her mental health remained a priority
- Jo Harrison explains what's available for Olympic and Paralympic athletes to help them stay mentally positive during these uncertain times
- All three discuss the importance of athletes seeing themselves as more than just sports people and why having interests away form sport is critical
Listen below for a whole lot more from Lizzy, Jo and Tom and don't forget to subscribe and join us as we continue to bring you fascinating and exclusive insights into the world of Olympic and Paralympic sport.