It was ladies' day at Glasgow 2014 as female athletes won 14 of the 18 home nations’ medals on Sunday at the Commonwealth Games. Charlotte Kerwood (Eng) got the day off to the perfect start as she won shooting gold in the Women’s Double Trap – her third Commonwealth title in the event. Shortly afterwards Steven Scott made it double gold in the Double Trap for England’s shooting team with victory over team mate Matthew French in the men's final.
In the final day of action at the velodrome, England’s Sophie Thornhill and Helen Scott won their second gold of the Games in the Para-Sport Women's 1000m Time Trial B2 Tandem. In a GB clean sweep, double Olympic champion Laura Trott (Eng) overcame illness to win the 25km Points Race ahead of British Cycling team mates Elinor Barker (Wal) and Katie Archibald (Sco).
There was more British success in the pool with Siobhan-Marie O’Connor and Fran Halsall (both Eng) taking gold in the 200m Individual Medley and 50m Butterfly respectively. In the final race of the day Scotland’s 4x200m Freestyle Relay team won a brilliant silver medal, pushing hot favourites Australia all the way to the finish.
Day four medallists
- Charlotte Kerwood* (Shooting): Women’s Double Trap - Eng
- Steven Scott* (Shooting): Men’s Double Trap - Eng
- Sophie Thornhill* and pilot Helen Scott* (Cycling): Para-Sport Women's 1000m Time Trial B2 Tandem - Eng
- Laura Trott* (Cycling): Women’s 25km Points Race - Eng
- Siobhan-Marie O’Connor* (Swimming): Women’s 200m Individual Medley - Eng
- Fran Halsall* (Swimming): Women’s 50m Butterfly - Eng
- Matthew French (Shooting): Men’s Double Trap - Eng
- Bethy Woodward* (Athletics): Para-Sport Women’s Long Jump T37/38 - Eng
- Natalie Melmore (Lawn Bowls): Women’s Singles - Eng
- Aileen McGlynn and pilot Louise Haston (Cycling): Para-Sport Women's 1000m Time Trial B2 Tandem - Sco
- Daniel Wallace, Stephen Milne*, Duncan Scott* and Robbie Renwick* (Swimming): Men’s 4x200m Freestyle Relay - Sco
- Elinor Barker* (Cycling): Women’s 25km Points Race - Wal
- Rachel Parish (Shooting): Women’s Double Trap - Eng
- Jess Varnish* (Cycling): Women’s Sprint - Eng
- Liam Tancock* (Swimming): Men’s 50m Backstroke - Eng
- Katie Archibald* (Cycling): Women’s 25km Points Race - Sco
- Erraid Davies (Swimming): Para-Sport Women’s 100m Breaststroke SB9 - Sco
- Hannah Miley* (Swimming): Women’s 200m Individual Medley - Sco
*athlete is on the UK Sport World Class Programme