Legal Panel Framework
Sport England, the Sport and Recreation Alliance, Sport Wales and UK Sport have teamed up to establish a framework panel of law firms to provide legal services to National Governing Bodies of Sport and Recreation organisations.
We have identified that sport and recreation bodies face financial and resource challenges to accessing legal services. On behalf of the bodies we support we conducted a thorough procurement process to establish a Legal Panel Framework of 10 firms that sport and recreation organisations can use with confidence.
The Legal Panel Framework aims to make it easier for national governing bodies (NGBs) and wider sport and recreation organisations to identify and gain access to high quality legal firms at fair rates - delivering better value for money and providing a wide range of value added opportunities for the sector.
During the procurement process we assessed their level of understanding of the sport and recreation sector, their ability to offer discounted rates to the sector alongside their legal capacity and ability.
The firms have been appointed to the Framework and you can find a list of them by clicking here.
More details about each of the firms will be available on these pages including information on the types of services and training opportunities that will be on offer as part of the value-in-kind provision from each of the firms.
If you would like more information please contact Vijay Parbat, Legal Advisor at UK Sport, or Joy Tottman at the Sport and Recreation Alliance or Erin Stephens at Sport England.
Below is a list of the firms appointed to the Legal Panel Framework.
These firms have committed to providing fixed fees, discounted rates and other value added services. More information will be loaded to these pages over the next few months.
When contacting firms, please let them know that it’s as a result of their appointment to the Legal Panel Framework as this will ensure you are eligible for discounted fees.
Areas of law covered:
- Administrative and Public
- Bidding & Staging Major Events (International)
- Charity & Trusts (including CASC registration)
- Child Protection/Vulnerable Groups (CRB, ISA Registration)
- Contracts/Grant Agreements
- Corporate Law/Governance/Constitutional Affairs
- Data Protection/Privacy
- Employment Law
- Equality and Disability
- EU Sports Policy/Law (Competition)
- Intellectual Property
- Insolvency Law
- New Media/IT
- Property, Planning and Construction
- Regulation / Disciplinary (including anti-doping, integrity, selection etc)
When contacting firms, please let them know that it’s as a result of their appointment to the Legal Panel Framework and quote reference LPF: 2012 as this will ensure you are eligible for discounted fees.
|Firm||Contact Person||Telephone number||Website|
|Bates Wells Braithwaite||Mike Townley||020 7551 7796||www.bwbllp.com|
|Thea Longley||020 7551 7822|
|Brabners Chaffe Street||Jason Smith||0161 836 8813||http://www.brabnerschaffestreet.com/|
|Dolmans||Justin Harris||0292 072 7305||www.dolmans.co.uk|
|Farrer & Co||David Hunt||020 3375 7214||www.farrers.co.uk|
|Gateley||John Burns||0161 836 7923||www.gateleyuk.com|
|Moorhead James||Christine Bowyer-Jones||020 7400 6574||www.moorheadjames.com|
|Muckle||John Devine||0191 211 7905||www.muckle-llp.com|
|Pinsent Masons||Trevor Watkins||020 7490 6614||www.pinsentmasons.com|
|Thomas Eggar||Faye Bargery||01293 742755||www.thomaseggar.com|
|Thomas Barnard||01293 742777|
|Wright Hassall||Christine Jackson||0192 688 0774||www.wrighthassall.co.uk|
- The Framework exists to point you towards the best firms for your needs
- We will not be held liable for any relationship between your organisation and the firm you take up
- We are not committing to contribute to or subsidise the legal fees incurred by organisations using the firms
- The client/solicitor relationship is between the organisation and the firms and it is the organisation's responsibility to meet the fees agreed with the firm they instruct
- Use of these firms is purely optional and where you have existing relationships with a firm not on the list there is nothing to prevent you from continuing to use them firms that aren’t part of the Framework