UK Sport works with National Governing Bodies (NGBs) and other partners to help them build positive working relationships with their International Federations (IFs) and other national and international sporting bodies. Having a strong voice on these organisations is essential to ensure that our NGBs can engage effectively with the international community and contribute to the good governance, development and leadership of world sport.
To do this, we support and invest in bespoke long-term strategies for each sport. These strategies consider:
• Attendance at international congresses
• Support for promising international sports administrators from the UK
• Developing the UK’s International Technical Officials
• Representation on International Federation Technical Committees
• Hosting International Federation meetings
• Support for international partnerships and sport development projects
Basic level international relations support is considered for all Olympic and Paralympic Sports. Enhanced levels of support are prioritised towards sports that have the greatest impact on UK Sport’s high performance and major events objectives.
Limited funding is also available to support athlete representation at the very highest level of international sport. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org