UK Sport is offering you the opportunity to win tickets for the British Lionhearts’ next home fixture against the Algeria Desert Hawks at York Hall in London on Thursday 5 February.
The team includes super-heavyweight, Joe Joyce, and welterweight, Ekow Essuman, who will both be looking to consolidate on good starts to season which saw the pair secure excellent wins in the Lionhearts’ recent away fixture against the Ukraine Otamans.
Joyce’s second round stoppage of Viktor Vykhryst was his ninth victory in 10 WSB bouts and the Londoner will be aiming to chalk-up another win when he returns to his home city next week.
Joyce and Essuman will be joined in the team to face the Algeria Desert Hawks by Bulgarian lightweight, Detelin Dalakliev, Jack Bateson from Leeds at flyweight and Mancunian, John Newell, at light-heavyweight.
Newell and Bateson will both be making their first appearance in WSB and the pair will be looking to emulate the achievement of their Lionhearts’ teammate, Ekow Essuman, who defeated Bogdan Shelestyuk of the Ukraine Otamans in his WSB debut last week in Kiev.
To be in with a chance of winning tickets, look out for the quiz question on UK Sport’s Twitter feed, @uk_sport, on Tuesday 2 February. The first two people to answer correctly will each win a pair of tickets.
More details on the British Lionhearts and WSB are available on the World Series Boxing website and by following the team on twitter at @Brit_Lionhearts.
WSB is the only Global Team Boxing competition where national teams go head to head in a league format. Developed by the International Boxing Association (AIBA), this unique competition brings together the best Olympic and national boxers in an exciting team format with worldwide appeal. Season V sees 16 teams compete in two groups of 8 with the top 3 teams qualifying for play offs. The boxers compete without vests or headguards in five three-minute rounds. There are five bouts per match and scoring is through the 10-Point-Must-System.
Terms and conditions
- Tickets are for Thursday 5 February (doors from 7pm) at York Hall, Bethnal Green, London.
- A question will be asked on Tuesday 3 February 2015.
- To enter, tweet your answers to @uk_sport on Tuesday 3 February 2015.
- The first five people to tweet the correct answer to @uk_sport will win a pair of tickets each.
- You must be 16 years of age or over to enter the competition. Note that under 16s can attend the event provided they are accompanied by an adult.
- Winners will be notified by Twitter direct message by 5pm on Tuesday 3 February 2015.
- We will not pass your name, e mail address, phone number to third parties except for the winner whose name will be passed on to the venue for the purpose of collecting the tickets.
- Tickets must be collected at the box office on the day of the event. We reserve the right to ask for identification proving age on collection of tickets. You will be refused tickets if you fail to produce your identification if asked.
- Entrants consent to their names being released for the purposes of announcing the winners.
- You cannot exchange the tickets for an alternative prize or cash prize.
- UK Sport reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time.
- Tickets are strictly not for resale and must only be used by the named winner of the competition.
- UK Sport is the promoter of this competition. For any feedback, and to find out the names of the winners, we can be reached at: UK Sport, 21 Bloomsbury Street, WC1B 3HF